One-pot Hearty Ham And Bean SoupBy Liz Macri On Jul 11, 2020
Cooking One-pot hearty ham and bean soup step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for One-pot hearty ham and bean soup you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Make this high fibre soup ahead of time for a tasty winter warmer.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of One-pot Hearty Ham And Bean Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1kg smoked ham hock, rind removed (see note)
- 1.5 litres Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 400g can butter beans, drained, rinsed
- Fresh parsley, chopped, to serve
- Parmesan, finely grated, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make One-pot Hearty Ham And Bean Soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery and carrot. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, paprika, cumin, ground coriander and cinnamon. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add ham hock, stock and tomatoes. Season with pepper. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 1 hour 30 minutes. Remove lid. Simmer for a further 30 minutes or until ham is falling off the bone. Remove ham hock from soup mixture. Shred ham from bone. Discard bone. Return ham to soup.
- Add beans to soup. Simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through. Top with parsley and parmesan, and serve with crusty bread.
Nutritions of One-pot Hearty Ham And Bean Soup
fatContent: 567.147 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19.2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 55.9 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 38.6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 62 milligrams cholesterol