Spicy Black Bean And Corn Soup With ChilliBy Chrissy Freer On Jul 11, 2020
Cooking Spicy black bean and corn soup with chilli step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Spicy black bean and corn soup with chilli you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This spicy, satisfying vegetarian soup has a creamy texture and is rich in protein and fibre, thanks to the black beans.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Spicy Black Bean And Corn Soup With Chilli
- 220g (1 cup) dried black beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Masterfoods Chilli Flakes
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 1.25L (5 cups) water
- 300g sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- 1 large sweet corn cob, kernels removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 long fresh green chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- Lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Spicy Black Bean And Corn Soup With Chilli
- Place black beans in a large saucepan. Cover with enough cold water to come 5cm above beans. Bring to the boil over mediumhigh heat. Cook for 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion and celery, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic, cumin, paprika and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Place onion mixture, beans, tomato and water in a large (6L) slow cooker. Cover. Cook on low for 7 hours. Add sweet potato and corn. Cover. Cook for a further 1 hour or until potato is tender and soup is thick. Season.
- Combine coriander and green chilli in a bowl. Divide soup among bowls. Top with coriander mixture. Serve with lime.
Nutritions of Spicy Black Bean And Corn Soup With Chilli
fatContent: 347.267 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 29 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 21 grams protein
Tags : slow cook, vegan main, vegetarian main, healthy, gluten free, low kilojoule, spicy, chilli, coriander, corn, sweet potato, canned tomatoes, paprika, cumin, celery, soup, canned beans, black bean, low carb, high fibre,