Zucchini Soup With Bacon, Cumin And Cheddar SconesBy Jules Jansen On Jul 08, 2020
Cooking Zucchini soup with bacon, cumin and cheddar scones step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Zucchini soup with bacon, cumin and cheddar scones you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Dunking delicious savoury scones into this comforting creamy, garlicky soup is just what the doctor ordered.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Zucchini Soup With Bacon, Cumin And Cheddar Scones
- 300g (2 cups) self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 150ml milk
- 150ml thickened cream
- 80g (1 cup) coarsely grated cheddar
- 2 bacon rashers, rind and excess fat trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1kg (about 4 medium) zucchini, coarsely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream, extra
The instruction how to make Zucchini Soup With Bacon, Cumin And Cheddar Scones
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine the flour, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add milk, cream and half the cheddar. Mix until a soft dough forms. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Shape into a 2cm-thick, 18cm square.
- Combine bacon, shallot, half the cumin seeds and remaining cheddar in a bowl. Press onto the dough. Cut into 16 squares. Place on the lined trays. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the, zucchini and garlic and remaining cumin seeds. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until the zucchini is very soft. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the extra cream. Serve with the warm scones.
Nutritions of Zucchini Soup With Bacon, Cumin And Cheddar Scones
fatContent: 793.48 calories
saturatedFatContent: 48 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 25 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 66 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 25 grams protein