Sweet Roasted Carrot Soup With Chunky CroutonsBy Kim Coverdale On Jul 09, 2020
Cooking Sweet roasted carrot soup with chunky croutons step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Sweet roasted carrot soup with chunky croutons you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Try this hearty soup to keep the hungry hordes at bay.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Sweet Roasted Carrot Soup With Chunky Croutons
- 1kg carrots, peeled, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 litre Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 2 Turkish bread rolls, cut into 2cm cubes
The instruction how to make Sweet Roasted Carrot Soup With Chunky Croutons
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Place carrots and garlic on a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with maple syrup and half the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes, turning halfway during cooking, or until carrot is tender.
- Place stock and 2 cups cold water in a large saucepan over high heat. Squeeze garlic from their skins. Add to stock mixture with carrot. Cover, bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Using a stick blender, carefully blend soup until smooth. Return to low heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining oil and bread in a large bowl. Season with pepper. Place on an oven tray. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes, turning, until golden all over. Serve soup with croutons.
Nutritions of Sweet Roasted Carrot Soup With Chunky Croutons
fatContent: 408.212 calories
saturatedFatContent: 12.4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 58.4 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 11.5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 11 milligrams cholesterol