Creamy Carrot And Cauliflower Soup With Onion CroutonsBy Kim Coverdale On Jul 08, 2020
Cooking Creamy carrot and cauliflower soup with onion croutons step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Creamy carrot and cauliflower soup with onion croutons you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Use vegetable stock instead of chicken for a vegetarian version of this delicious soup.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Creamy Carrot And Cauliflower Soup With Onion Croutons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium leek, trimmed, halved, sliced
- 1kg carrots, peeled, chopped
- 500g cauliflower, trimmed, cut into florets
- 350g potato, peeled, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 litre Massel chicken style liquid stock
- Vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- 1 small red onion, halved, very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1/2 cup pure cream
- Chopped fresh chives, to serve (optional)
The instruction how to make Creamy Carrot And Cauliflower Soup With Onion Croutons
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add carrot, cauliflower and potato. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Stir in stock and 2 cups cold water. Season. Cover. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add enough vegetable oil in a frying pan to come 1cm up side of pan. Heat over medium-high heat. Toss onion in flour. Cook, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Drain on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Blend soup, in batches, until smooth. Return to pan over low heat. Stir in cream. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve soup topped with onion croutons and chives (if using).
Nutritions of Creamy Carrot And Cauliflower Soup With Onion Croutons
fatContent: 261.705 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14.4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6.1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 20.7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 7.9 grams protein
sodiumContent: 21 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : easy, healthy, family friendly, chicken stock, entrée, starter, onion, cream, garlic, potato, simmer, cauliflower, carrot, soup, how to make carrot soup, recipe for carrot soup, carrots, vegetarian, carrot soup, simple, f, entree, massel,