Lemon Grass & Chilli Soup With Chicken & Vermicelli NoodlesBy Anneka Manning On Jul 08, 2020
Cooking Lemon grass & chilli soup with chicken & vermicelli noodles step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Lemon grass & chilli soup with chicken & vermicelli noodles you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Enjoy this delicious noodle soup made with a hint of lemon grass and chilli.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Lemon Grass & Chilli Soup With Chicken & Vermicelli Noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon grass stem, pale section only, bruised, thinly sliced
- 750ml (3 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 2 small (about 200g each) single chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 125g rice vermicelli
- 145g (1 cup) frozen corn
- 100g snow peas, topped, diagonally sliced
- 4 green shallots, diagonally thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh coriander leaves
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to garnish (optional)
The instruction how to make Lemon Grass & Chilli Soup With Chicken & Vermicelli Noodles
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, chilli and lemon grass, and cook, stirring frequently, for 1-2 minutes. Add stock, water and chicken, and bring to boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, turn chicken over and gently poach for 3 minutes, skimming surface occasionally, or until just cooked through. Place chicken on plate and cover with foil. Increase heat to high, add vermicelli to stock and cook for 2 minutes. Add corn and cook for 1 minute. Add snow peas, shallots and coriander, and cook for a further 30 seconds or until noodles are tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut chicken across grain into 1cm-thick slices. Ladle soup into bowls and top with chicken. Garnish with coriander sprigs, if desired.
Nutritions of Lemon Grass & Chilli Soup With Chicken & Vermicelli Noodles
fatContent: 468.918 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 30 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 51 grams protein
sodiumContent: 118 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : quick, easy, meat, autumn, winter, main, lunch, dinner, healthy, coriander, shallot, rice, garlic, peanut oil, spicy, chilli, noodles, chicken, soup, pan fry, asian, thai, broth, spring, high protein, low carb, low kilojoule, lower gi, low sugar, massel,