Harira (Moroccan Lamb, Tomato & Lentil Soup)By Valli Little On Jul 09, 2020
Cooking Harira (Moroccan lamb, tomato & lentil soup) step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Harira (Moroccan lamb, tomato & lentil soup) you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Omit the yoghurt from this recipe and youve got a great dairyfree soup.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Harira (Moroccan Lamb, Tomato & Lentil Soup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 700g diced lamb (we used shoulder)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 11/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1L (4 cups) Massel beef style liquid stock
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 bunch coriander, leaves finely chopped, plus extra leaves to serve
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 x 400g cans brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- Thick Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- Toasted pita bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Harira (Moroccan Lamb, Tomato & Lentil Soup)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Season the lamb, then in batches, cook, turning, for 4-5 minutes until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until softened. Return the lamb to the pan with the tomato paste, spices and bay leaf. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute, then add the stock, chopped tomato and coriander. Bring to a simmer, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 1 hour, then stir in chickpeas and lentils. Cover and cook for 30 minutes, then remove the lid and cook for a further 30 minutes or until the lamb is tender and the soup is slightly reduced and thickened.
- Garnish with extra coriander and serve with yoghurt and pita bread.
Nutritions of Harira (Moroccan Lamb, Tomato & Lentil Soup)
fatContent: 511.699 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 31 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 39 grams protein
sodiumContent: 79 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : lunch, main, dinner, winter, autumn, simmer, coriander, garlic, chickpeas, lentils, canned tomatoes, lamb, african, moroccan, soup, diced lamb, starter, valli little, traditional, low carb, lower gi, high fibre, low sugar, massel,