Leek & Potato Soup With Blue Cheese ToastBy Michelle Noerianto On Jul 07, 2020
Cooking Leek & potato soup with blue cheese toast step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Leek & potato soup with blue cheese toast you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Savour the flavour of Great Britain with this nourishing potato and leek soup.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Leek & Potato Soup With Blue Cheese Toast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, trimmed, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 600g potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 200ml pouring cream
- 1 small French bread stick (baguette), sliced crossways
- 150g soft blue cheese
The instruction how to make Leek & Potato Soup With Blue Cheese Toast
- Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Cook the leek and garlic, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add potato, stock, water, thyme and nutmeg. Bring to the boil. Cook for 15 minutes or until the potato is tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Blend half the potato mixture in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a clean saucepan. Repeat with remaining potato mixture. Stir in the cream. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Preheat grill on high. Place bread on a baking tray. Cook under grill for 1 minute or until golden. Turn bread over. Spread with cheese. Cook under grill for 1 minute or until cheese melts. Divide soup among serving bowls. Season with pepper. Top with toast.
Nutritions of Leek & Potato Soup With Blue Cheese Toast
fatContent: 388.853 calories
saturatedFatContent: 27 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 14 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 23 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 11 grams protein
sodiumContent: 59 milligrams cholesterol