Slow-cooker Red Lentil SoupBy Gemma Luongo On Jun 28, 2020
Cooking Slow-cooker red lentil soup step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Slow-cooker red lentil soup you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Put all the ingredients in the slow cooker and then come home to a hearty vegetarian meal.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Slow-cooker Red Lentil Soup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 cups red lentils
- 1 litre Massel vegetable liquid stock
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Plain Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- Warmed garlic naan bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Slow-cooker Red Lentil Soup
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and ginger. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add cumin and coriander. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Transfer to the bowl of a 5.5 litre slow cooker.
- Add lentils, stock and 2 cups cold water. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with lid. Cook on low for 4 hours or until thickened.
- Divide between serving bowls. Top with coriander and yoghurt. Serve with naan bread.
Nutritions of Slow-cooker Red Lentil Soup
fatContent: 695.49 calories
saturatedFatContent: 13.9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3.4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 98.4 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 34.3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 6 milligrams cholesterol