Potato & Onion Soup With Sour CreamBy Tracy Rutherford On Jun 26, 2020
Cooking Potato & onion soup with sour cream step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Potato & onion soup with sour cream you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Warm up your festive affair with this easy creamy soup that can be whipped up the night before "Christmas".
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Potato & Onion Soup With Sour Cream
- 20g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large brown onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 500g Sebago potatoes, peeled, chopped (see note)
- 750ml (3 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 125g (1/2 cup) sour cream
- 1 x 50g btl salmon caviar
- Fresh dill sprigs, to serve
The instruction how to make Potato & Onion Soup With Sour Cream
- Heat the butter and oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until the onion is soft but not coloured.
- Add potato and stock. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, partially covered, for 15 minutes or until potato is very soft. Uncover. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Use a stick blender to blend until smooth. Alternatively, transfer half the potato mixture to the jug of a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a clean saucepan. Repeat with remaining potato mixture.
- Stir in the milk. Place the soup over medium heat and stir until heated through.
- Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Top with a dollop of sour cream, a teaspoonful of caviar and dill to serve.
Nutritions of Potato & Onion Soup With Sour Cream
fatContent: 195.263 calories
saturatedFatContent: 12 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 15 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 46 milligrams cholesterol