Red Lentil & Sweet Potato SoupBy Michelle Lawton On Jun 23, 2020
Cooking Red lentil & sweet potato soup step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Red lentil & sweet potato soup you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Red Lentil & Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g orange sweet potato (kumara), peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 110g (1/2 cup) dried split red lentils
- 875ml (3 1/2 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1 zucchini, coarsely grated
- Plain savoury biscuits or bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Red Lentil & Sweet Potato Soup
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes or until the onion softens slightly.
- Add the sweet potato, lentils and stock to the pan, and stir well to combine. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, covered, stirring frequently, for 20-25 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Stir in zucchini and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Serve with biscuits or bread.
Nutritions of Red Lentil & Sweet Potato Soup
fatContent: 240.195 calories
saturatedFatContent: 6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 31 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 11 grams protein
Tags : easy, simmer, healthy, vegetarian main, vegan main, vegetarian, zucchini, entrée, starter, main, dinner, lunch, autumn, winter, soup, sweet potatoes, lentils, appetiser, sweet potato, s, entr, low kilojoule, low fat, lower gi, low suga, massel,