Mexican Pork Soup (pork Caldillo)By Amira Georgy On Jun 21, 2020
Cooking Mexican pork soup (pork caldillo) step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Mexican pork soup (pork caldillo) you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Ward off those wintry blues with this fresh and fiery Mexican soup. Its also high in fibre and iron, and low in saturated fat.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Mexican Pork Soup (pork Caldillo)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 600g pork scotch fillet steaks, trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 35g sachet chipotle seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 green capsicums, thickly sliced
- 4 long green chillies
- 3 cups Massel beef style liquid stock
- 4 baby red potatoes, unpeeled, thickly sliced
- 3 tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander, plus extra sprigs to serve
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, plus lime wedges to serve
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 tortillas, warmed
The instruction how to make Mexican Pork Soup (pork Caldillo)
- Heat half the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add pork. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, seasoning and chilli powder. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add capsicum and green chilli. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add stock and 2 cups water. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover. Simmer for 45 minutes or until pork is almost tender. Add potato. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until pork and potato are tender.
- Meanwhile, combine tomato, coriander, lime juice and 2 teaspoons of the remaining oil in a bowl.
- Top soup with salsa. Drizzle with the remaining oil. Top with avocado and extra coriander sprigs. Serve soup with warmed tortillas and lime wedges.
Nutritions of Mexican Pork Soup (pork Caldillo)
fatContent: 635.979 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5.3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 49 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 47.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 70 milligrams cholesterol