Slow-cooker Pea And Ham SoupBy Tracy Rutherford On Jun 21, 2020
Cooking Slow-cooker pea and ham soup step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Slow-cooker pea and ham soup you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This slowcooker pea and ham soup has a delicious apple parsnip twist thatll keep you coming back bowl after bowl.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Slow-cooker Pea And Ham Soup
- 1 tablesspoon extra virgin olive oil, plus extra, to drizzle
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1kg smoked ham hock
- 4 parsnips, peeled, chopped
- 2 green apples, peeled, cored, coarsely chopped
- 530g (2 1/2 cups) green split peas
- 1 large lemon, rind finely grated, plus extra zest, to serve
- Creu0300me fraiu0302che, to serve
- Fresh mint, to serve
The instruction how to make Slow-cooker Pea And Ham Soup
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan over high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Stir in the cumin and cook for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Transfer the mixture to a 6L slow cooker.
- Add the ham hock, parsnip, apple, split peas and 2L (8 cups) water to the slow cooker. Stir well. Cover. Cook on High for 6-8 hours or until ham is very tender.
- Use tongs or a slotted spoon to transfer the ham hock to a chopping board. Use a stick blender to blend the soup until smooth (add up to 250ml/1 cup extra water if the mixture is too thick). Stir in the lemon rind.
- Remove the ham from the hock, discarding the bone, skin and fat. Divide the soup among serving bowls. Top with creu0300me fraiu0302che, ham, mint and lemon zest. Drizzle with extra oil and season with pepper.
Nutritions of Slow-cooker Pea And Ham Soup
fatContent: 572.644 calories
saturatedFatContent: 18 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 55 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 38 grams protein