Creamy Parsnip Soup With Parmesan Snow FlakesBy Louise Pickford On Jun 19, 2020
Cooking Creamy parsnip soup with parmesan snow flakes step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Creamy parsnip soup with parmesan snow flakes you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
A super simple starter to warm the soul and win over your dinner guests.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Creamy Parsnip Soup With Parmesan Snow Flakes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 50g butter
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 750g parsnips, peeled, chopped
- 250g potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 50g parmesan, finely grated
- 250ml (1 cup) pouring cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme tips
- Cream, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Creamy Parsnip Soup With Parmesan Snow Flakes
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Melt the oil and half the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion, garlic and chopped thyme. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until the onion is soft. Add parsnip and potato. Cook, stirring for a further 5 minutes. Add the stock and season. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked and tender.
- Meanwhile, for the parmesan flakes, line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place tablespoonfuls of parmesan, with 6 on each prepared tray, allowing room for spreading. Flatten slightly and bake for 5 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool completely.
- Transfer the parsnip mixture to a blender and puree until smooth. Return to the pan over low heat. Stir in the cream and cook gently until heated through.
- Melt the remaining butter in a small frying pan over medium heat. When the butter stops foaming, add the thyme tips. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until butter turns golden and nut brown.
- Divide the soup among warmed bowls. Drizzle with the thyme butter and a little extra cream. Serve with the parmesan flakes.
Nutritions of Creamy Parsnip Soup With Parmesan Snow Flakes
fatContent: 411.797 calories
saturatedFatContent: 29.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16.1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 33.4 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7.8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 6.6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 82 milligrams cholesterol
You may also like :
- Chunky Chicken And Corn Soup With Fried Chorizo
- Tomato And Bean Soup With Beef And Parmesan Meatballs
- Sweet Potato And Carrot Soup With Coriander Oil
- Potatoes With Saffron Aioli
- Homemade Chocolate Cake
- Barbecued Fish With Chickpea Puree And Sicilian Tomato Sauce
- Picture Frame Cake
- Tortilla With Romesco Sauce