Chorizo, Kale And Barley Soup With Walnut PestoBy Not available On Jun 16, 2020
Cooking Chorizo, kale and barley soup with walnut pesto step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Chorizo, kale and barley soup with walnut pesto you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Give your soup a spicy kick with this flavoursome chorizo, kale and barley recipe.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Chorizo, Kale And Barley Soup With Walnut Pesto
- 1 chorizo, finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can Coles Brand diced tomatoes
- 4 cups (1L) vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup (65g) pearl barley
- 400g can brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 bunch kale, stems trimmed, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup firmly packed basil leaves
- 1/4 cup (25g) walnut halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
The instruction how to make Chorizo, Kale And Barley Soup With Walnut Pesto
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the chorizo. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 mins or until lightly browned. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a bowl.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery, zucchini and half the garlic to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Return the chorizo to the pan with the tomato, stock and barley. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 mins or until barley is tender and soup thickens slightly. Add the lentils and half the kale and stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, place the basil, walnuts, parmesan and remaining garlic and kale in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. With the motor running, add the oil in a thin steady stream until incorporated. Season.
- Divide the soup among serving bowls. Serve with the walnut pesto.
Nutritions of Chorizo, Kale And Barley Soup With Walnut Pesto
fatContent: 454.1 calories
saturatedFatContent: 30 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 25 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 18 grams protein