French Onion Soup With Blue Cheese ToastsBy Gemma Purcell On Jun 13, 2020
Cooking French onion soup with blue cheese toasts step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for French onion soup with blue cheese toasts you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
The strong flavour of blue cheese is the perfect accompaniment to this light and tasty French onion soup.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of French Onion Soup With Blue Cheese Toasts
- 30g butter
- 4 brown onions, halved, sliced
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 litre (4 cups) Massel beef style liquid stock
- 80g Castello blue cheese, at room temperature
- 4 x 1cm thick slices crusty bread stick
- Freshly ground pepper
The instruction how to make French Onion Soup With Blue Cheese Toasts
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a medium-low heat. Add the onions and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes, or until soft and light golden.
- Add the flour and cook for 3 minutes. Add the brandy and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in the stock. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Divide the cheese into four portions. Toast the bread until golden. Top each toast with a slice of cheese and spread lightly. Divide the soup among serving bowls. Season with pepper. Serve with the blue cheese toasts.
Nutritions of French Onion Soup With Blue Cheese Toasts
fatContent: 262.422 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 21 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 10 grams protein
sodiumContent: 37 milligrams cholesterol