Leek, Potato And Parmesan Soup With Goats Cheese CroutonsBy Sophia Young On Jun 11, 2020
Cooking Leek, potato and parmesan soup with goats cheese croutons step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Leek, potato and parmesan soup with goats cheese croutons you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This creamy soup was the winner of this weeks food fight.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Leek, Potato And Parmesan Soup With Goats Cheese Croutons
- 100g butter, chopped
- 3 (1kg) leeks, white part only, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 (200g) desiree potatoes, peeled, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring cream
- 100g parmesan, finely grated
- 12 x 1cm-thick slices of baguette
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 150g log goats cheese or ricotta, cut into 12 rounds
- 2 teaspoons thyme sprigs
- Olive oil, for drizzling
The instruction how to make Leek, Potato And Parmesan Soup With Goats Cheese Croutons
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over low-medium heat. Add vegetables and 1 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes. Remove 1/4 cup leeks and onions and set aside. Add 1.5 litres boiling water and cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Add cream and parmesan to soup, then puree with a hand blender or, in batches, in a food processor until smooth. Return soup to pan and season to taste with salt and pepper. Gently reheat over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, for croutons, preheat grill to medium. Place bread on an oven tray and grill on both sides until light golden. Spread each crouton with a smear of mustard. Top with a slice of goats cheese and a little thyme. Drizzle with oil and grill for a further 2-3 minutes or until cheese is warmed through. Serve soup topped with reserved leek mixture and warm croutons.
Nutritions of Leek, Potato And Parmesan Soup With Goats Cheese Croutons
fatContent: 448.125 calories
saturatedFatContent: 32 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 20 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 20 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 17 grams protein
sodiumContent: 84 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : dinner, lunch, entrée, starter, autumn, winter, soup, boil, leek, potato, vegetarian main, vegetarian, potatoes, appetiser, entree, comfort food, budget, easy, simple, entr, low carb, low kilojoule, low sugar,