Moroccan-style Pumpkin And Red Lentil SoupBy Katrina Woodman and Lucy Busuttil On Jun 10, 2020
Cooking Moroccan-style pumpkin and red lentil soup step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Moroccan-style pumpkin and red lentil soup you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Creamy Moroccanstyle pumpkin soup served with yogurt and crispy, crunchy roasted chickpeas.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Moroccan-style Pumpkin And Red Lentil Soup
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 teaspoons harissa paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ras el hanout, plus extra, to serve
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra, to serve
- 1kg Kent pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, chopped
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 bunch coriander, roots and stems chopped, leaves reserved, chopped
- 420g (2 cups) red lentils
- 1L (4 cups) Campbellu2019s Real Soup Base Moroccan
- 500ml (2 cups) apple juice
- Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
The instruction how to make Moroccan-style Pumpkin And Red Lentil Soup
- Preheat the oven to 170C/150C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Combine the chickpeas, harissa, 2 tsp ras el hanout and 2 tsp olive oil in a bowl. Season. Spread chickpeas over prepared tray. Roast for 1 hour or until golden and crispy. Set aside.
- Coarsely grate the pumpkin in a food processor fitted with the grater attachment. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tbs olive oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and chopped coriander root and stems. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the remaining 1 tbs ras el hanout and cook for a further 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the pumpkin, lentils, soup base, apple juice and 500ml (2 cups) water. Stir to combine and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until soup has thickened and lentils are tender. Season. Stir in three-quarters of the chopped coriander leaves.
- Combine a little extra ras el hanout and some extra olive oil in a bowl. Serve the soup topped with yoghurt, crispy chickpeas and the remaining chopped coriander. Drizzle with ras el hanout mixture.
Nutritions of Moroccan-style Pumpkin And Red Lentil Soup
You may also like :
- Chunky Chicken And Corn Soup With Fried Chorizo
- Tomato And Bean Soup With Beef And Parmesan Meatballs
- Sweet Potato And Carrot Soup With Coriander Oil
- Potatoes With Saffron Aioli
- Homemade Chocolate Cake
- Barbecued Fish With Chickpea Puree And Sicilian Tomato Sauce
- Picture Frame Cake
- Tortilla With Romesco Sauce