Old-fashioned Chicken Noodle SoupBy Alison Roberts On Jun 07, 2020
Cooking Old-fashioned chicken noodle soup step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Old-fashioned chicken noodle soup you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Old-fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1.5kg whole chicken
- 12 cups water
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 brown onion, unpeeled, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 6 black peppercorns
- 2 carrots, extra, cut into thin sticks
- 1/4 Chinese cabbage, finely shredded
- 140g (2 portions) instant noodles
The instruction how to make Old-fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup
- Place chicken, water, carrots, onion, celery and peppercorns into a large, deep saucepan. Cover. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, using a slotted spoon to skim any residue from surface. Simmer, partially covered, for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from stock. Set aside. Once cooled, remove meat from bones. Shred chicken, discarding skin and bones. Cover. Refrigerate until required.
- Strain stock through a sieve into a bowl. Use a spoon to press vegetables to extract liquid. Discard vegetables. Set stock aside to cool. Transfer to an airtight container. Cover. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove stock from fridge. Use a spoon to remove fat from top. Pour stock into a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Add extra carrots. Simmer for 3 minutes. Add cabbage and chicken meat. Simmer for 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender and soup is heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles in a saucepan of boiling water. Drain well. Cut noodles into shorter lengths and divide between serving bowls. Ladle over soup. Serve.
Nutritions of Old-fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup
fatContent: 284.649 calories
saturatedFatContent: 6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 18 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 38 grams protein
sodiumContent: 117 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : slow cook, main, dinner, autumn, winter, cabbage, carrot, chicken, noodles, kid friendly, family friendly, budget friendly, soup, healthy, asian, high protein, low carb, low sodium, low kilojoule, low fat, lower gi, low sugar,