French Onion Soup With Cheesy ToastiesBy Tracey Meharg On Jun 03, 2020
Cooking French onion soup with cheesy toasties step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for French onion soup with cheesy toasties you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Enjoy the flavours of France in your kitchen this winter.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of French Onion Soup With Cheesy Toasties
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup caramelised onion (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 litre Massel beef style liquid stock
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 20g butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 90g gruyere cheese, coarsely grated
The instruction how to make French Onion Soup With Cheesy Toasties
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add caramelised onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until heated through. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually stir in wine. Simmer, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until wine reduces by half and mixture is very thick. Stir in stock. Cover. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes or until soup is slightly thickened. Season with pepper.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill on high. Place bread on a baking tray. Toast for 1 minute or until golden. Turn over. Spread toast with butter, then mustard. Sprinkle with gruyere. Grill for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.
- Arrange toast on soup. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of French Onion Soup With Cheesy Toasties
fatContent: 665.615 calories
saturatedFatContent: 28.4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 67.6 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 21.3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 44 milligrams cholesterol