Roasted Sweet Potato & Nutmeg SoupBy Kirsty Cassidy On Jun 01, 2020
Cooking Roasted sweet potato & nutmeg soup step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Roasted sweet potato & nutmeg soup you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Roasted Sweet Potato & Nutmeg Soup
- 1 litre (4 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 2 medium (about 500g each) orange sweet potatoes (kumara), unpeeled
- 25g (5 teaspoons) butter
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 125mls (1/2 cup) sour cream, to garnish
- Chopped chives, to garnish
The instruction how to make Roasted Sweet Potato & Nutmeg Soup
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C.
- Place whole sweet potatoes in a roasting pan and dry roast in preheated oven for 1 hour or until soft when tested with a skewer. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat and cook the onion and celery for 5 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Add the vegetable stock, bring to the boil and remove from heat to cool slightly.
- Peel the skin from cooled sweet potato and discard. Puree the sweet potato, stock mixture and nutmeg in a food processor or blender until smooth (you may need to do this in 2 batches).
- Return the soup to the saucepan and reheat over medium heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with a spoonful of sour cream and a sprinkling of chopped chives.
Nutritions of Roasted Sweet Potato & Nutmeg Soup
fatContent: 376.903 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 41 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 18 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 51 milligrams cholesterol