Tortilla SoupBy Sarah Hobbs On May 27, 2020
Cooking Tortilla soup step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Tortilla soup you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Make the most of your favourite Mexican flavours in this hearty winter soup.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Tortilla Soup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1.5L (6 cups) water
- 1 Massel chicken style stock cube
- 2 small (about 150g each) single chicken breast fillets
- 1 x 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon drained sliced jalapeno chillies
- 1 red onion, halved, finely chopped
- 1 x 400g can kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 x 420g can corn kernels, drained
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 round (10cm-diameter) corn tortillas, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup firmly packed finely chopped fresh coriander
The instruction how to make Tortilla Soup
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the cumin and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the water and stock cube and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken to a heatproof bowl.
- Meanwhile, place the tomato, chillies and half the onion in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Add to saucepan with chicken-stock mixture.
- Use a fork to coarsely shred the chicken. Return to chicken-stock mixture with kidney beans and half the corn over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until soup thickens. Remove from heat. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half the tortilla pieces and cook, turning, for 2 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat with remaining tortilla pieces, reheating pan between batches.
- Combine the remaining onion and corn, lime juice and coriander in a small bowl.
- Ladle soup among serving bowls. Sprinkle with tortilla and spoon over corn salsa. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Tortilla Soup
fatContent: 423.269 calories
saturatedFatContent: 9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 50 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 11 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 29 grams protein