Sweet Potato, Turmeric & Coconut SoupBy Janelle Bloom & Annette Forrest On May 13, 2020
Cooking Sweet potato, turmeric & coconut soup step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Sweet potato, turmeric & coconut soup you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Impress your family and friends with this creamy sweet potato, turmeric and coconut soup.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Sweet Potato, Turmeric & Coconut Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 brown onions, finely chopped
- 8cm piece fresh turmeric, peeled, finely grated
- 7cm piece fresh galangal, peeled, bruised
- 2 fresh red birdseye chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 900g orange sweet potato (kumara), peeled, cut in 3cm pieces
- 1.125L (4 1/2 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1 140ml can coconut milk
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- Ground nutmeg, to serve
- Bought naan bread, warmed, to serve
The instruction how to make Sweet Potato, Turmeric & Coconut Soup
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, turmeric, galangal, chillies and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until the onion softens slightly. Add the sweet potato and stir well.
- Add the stock to the pan, increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft. Remove the galangal and discard.
- Transfer 1/2 the soup to a blender and blend until smooth. Place in a large bowl. Repeat with remaining soup. Wash and dry pan. Return all soup to pan.
- Add coconut milk to soup and heat, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat for 2 minutes or until hot (dont let it boil). Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with nutmeg and accompanied by naan bread.
Nutritions of Sweet Potato, Turmeric & Coconut Soup
fatContent: 441.194 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 46 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 17 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 12 grams protein
Tags : boil, starter, vegan, vegetarian, healthy, budget friendly, coconut, entrée, autumn, winter, lunch, indian, sweet potatoes, soup, sweet potato, kumara, appetiser, main, dinner, easy, simple, everyday, entree, massel,