Carrot & Chorizo SoupBy Phoebe Wood On Feb 04, 2020
Cooking Carrot & chorizo soup step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Carrot & chorizo soup you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
The flavours of the MiddleEast triumph in this hearty winter soup.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Carrot & Chorizo Soup
- 30g unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5 coriander roots, plus leaves to serve
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1kg carrots, chopped
- 1.25L (5 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 150g chorizo, finely chopped
The instruction how to make Carrot & Chorizo Soup
- Heat the butter and oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook the onion and garlic, stirring, for 5-6 minutes until softened. Add the coriander roots, ground coriander, turmeric and 2 teaspoons cumin seeds and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add carrot, then cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes until starting to soften. Season, then add stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes or until the carrots are tender. Cool slightly, then blend, in batches, until smooth. Stir through the lemon juice.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat. Add the chorizo and remaining 1 teaspoon cumin seeds and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until crisp.
- Divide soup among bowls and serve with chorizo and coriander leaves.
Nutritions of Carrot & Chorizo Soup
fatContent: 307.832 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 19 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 16 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 10 grams protein
sodiumContent: 52 milligrams cholesterol