Tunisian Melon SaladBy Sophia Young On Nov 10, 2020
Cooking Tunisian melon salad step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Tunisian melon salad you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Harissa and melon makes surprisingly delicious partners in this feisty summer salad.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Tunisian Melon Salad
- 1.7kg yellow or green-skinned honeydew melon
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 1/2 teaspoon harissa*
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large pita bread, split
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 125g kalamata olives
The instruction how to make Tunisian Melon Salad
- Preheat oven to 190u00b0C. Cut skin from melon. Halve melon and cucumber lengthways and remove seeds. Cut melon into 16 wedges and cucumber into 8, then cut wedges in half. Whisk together harissa, lemon juice, garlic, spices and 1/4 cup (60ml) of oil in a small bowl, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place pita bread on an oven tray, drizzle with remaining oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in oven for 5 minutes or until light golden. Set aside to cool. Pick leaves from parsley, then coarsely chop half the leaves. Combine melon, cucumber, olives, chopped parsley and dressing in a bowl. Place on serving plates and top with parsley leaves and broken pita bread.
Nutritions of Tunisian Melon Salad
fatContent: 293.253 calories
saturatedFatContent: 17 grams fat
sugarContent: 29 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 4 grams protein