Mixed Seafood SaladBy Cynthia Black & Liz Macri On Nov 02, 2020
Cooking Mixed seafood salad step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Mixed seafood salad you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Fresh seafood tossed in a zesty garlic and lemon dressing is a classic Calabrian recipe.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Mixed Seafood Salad
- 125ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons drained baby capers in vinegar
- 1 long fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 300g cleaned baby octopus
- 1 small squid tube, cut into 5mm rings
- 12 green (New Zealand) mussels, scrubbed, debearded
- 600g peeled cooked prawns
- Chopped fresh continental parsley, extra, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Mixed Seafood Salad
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic, capers, chilli and oregano. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until aromatic. Remove from heat. Use a zester, or a vegetable peeler and a sharp knife, to peel and cut lemon rind into thin strips. Use a squeezer to juice the lemon. Stir the parsley, lemon rind and 60ml (1/4 cup) lemon juice into the oil mixture.
- Use a small sharp knife to cut baby octopus heads from the tentacles, just below the eyes. Cut eyes from heads and discard. Cut heads into 5mm rings. Cut the tentacles into quarters.
- Place octopus, squid and mussels in a steamer basket lined with non-stick baking paper. Place over a saucepan of boiling water. Cover and cook for 2-4 minutes or until squid and octopus are just cooked and mussels open. Discard unopened mussels. Remove one half of the shell from each mussel and discard.
- Combine the octopus, squid, mussels, prawns and lemon mixture in a bowl. Transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Mixed Seafood Salad
fatContent: 543.725 calories
saturatedFatContent: 33 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 22 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 40 grams protein