Classic Caesar SaladBy Michelle Southan On Oct 14, 2020
Cooking Classic caesar salad step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Classic caesar salad you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This classic salad is a standout when its made with the best ingredients and a little knowhow.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Classic Caesar Salad
- 4 eggs
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 1/2 small French style baguette, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cos lettuces, outer leaves removed, halved lengthways
- 1 garlic clove
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 160ml (2/3 cup) light olive oil
- 1 tbs hot water
The instruction how to make Classic Caesar Salad
- For the dressing, place egg yolk, garlic, mustard, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce in a food processor and process until well combined. With the motor running, add the oil in a thin, steady stream until mixture is thick and pale. Beat in hot water. Season. Cover and place in the fridge until required.
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly (to centre the egg yolk). Reduce the heat to medium. Simmer for 4 minutes. Refresh under cold water. Peel the eggs.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the prosciutto on the tray and bake for 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Set aside to cool completely. Break the prosciutto into large shards.
- Meanwhile, preheat a lightly greased chargrill pan on high. Brush baguette slices with the oil. Cook, in 2 batches, turning, for 2 minutes each side or until bread is golden and charred. Place the bread on a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Plunge the lettuce into a large bowl of iced water for 10 minutes to chill. Drain well.
- Arrange the lettuce on large serving plates. Rub one cut side of the bread slices with the garlic clove. Tuck the bread and prosciutto among the lettuce. Cut the eggs in half and place on top of the salad. Sprinkle with the parmesan and drizzle with the dressing.
Nutritions of Classic Caesar Salad
fatContent: 623.79 calories
saturatedFatContent: 52.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 25.7 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2.8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 16.5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 229 milligrams cholesterol
You may also like :
- Beef And Chorizo Tacos
- Stir-fried Lamb, Vegetables & Noodles
- Steamed Scallops With Chinese Pickled Vegetables
- Banana Split Tray Bake
- Elderflower Ice Cream
- Sweet Potato Soup With Asian-style Pesto
- Mushroom And Potato Soup With Croutons And Cucumber Pickle
- Japanese Chicken Noodle Soup With Tofu Croutons