Summer Chicken SaladBy Dixie Elliott On Aug 11, 2020
Cooking Summer chicken salad step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Summer chicken salad you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This salad has received rave reviews from Taste.com.au members, including joyanne who calls it, quite simply, "a stunner".
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Summer Chicken Salad
- 750g chicken breast fillet, trimmed
- 440g can pineapple pieces in natural juice
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- 1/2 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 butter lettuce, trimmed, washed, dried
- 1 mango, peeled, cut into thin wedges
- 1 avocado, peeled, sliced
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
The instruction how to make Summer Chicken Salad
- Place chicken into a large frying pan in a single layer. Pour pineapple juice over chicken. Set pineapple pieces aside. Add thyme to chicken. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Set chicken aside to cool in poaching liquid. Remove chicken, reserving 1/4 cup poaching liquid. Slice chicken diagonally.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in curry powder and chutney. Remove from heat. Stir through mayonnaise and reserved poaching liquid.
- Tear lettuce leaves in half. Place onto a serving platter. Top with sliced chicken, pineapple pieces, mango, avocado and macadamia nuts. Drizzle with dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Nutritions of Summer Chicken Salad
fatContent: 715.088 calories
saturatedFatContent: 45 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 28 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 26 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 46 grams protein
sodiumContent: 121 milligrams cholesterol