Greek Lamb With Watermelon SaladBy Valli Little On Jul 22, 2020
Cooking Greek lamb with watermelon salad step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Greek lamb with watermelon salad you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This dish will make you feel like youre soaking up the sunshine on a Greek island, no matter where you are!
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Greek Lamb With Watermelon Salad
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 x 200g lamb backstraps, trimmed
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup (95g) Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 300g watermelon flesh, roughly chopped
- 120g feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup mint leaves , sliced if large
- 1/2 cup (60g) pitted kalamata olives, sliced
The instruction how to make Greek Lamb With Watermelon Salad
- Pound cumin, rosemary, peppercorns, chilli and 1 teaspoon salt in a mortar and pestle, until coarsely ground. Add the lemon and orange zests, then stir in oil. Place lamb in a shallow dish, pour over marinade, then turn to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200u00b0C. Heat a heavy-based frypan over medium-high heat. In 2 batches, sear the lamb on all sides, turning, for 2-3 minutes. Transfer the lamb to a baking tray, then roast in the oven for 7 minutes for medium-rare, or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the watermelon salad, whisk together the oil and lemon juice, then season and toss in a large bowl with the remaining ingredients.
- Stir the mint into the yoghurt and season well. Slice the lamb backstraps and serve with the watermelon salad and minted yoghurt on the side.
Nutritions of Greek Lamb With Watermelon Salad
fatContent: 690.232 calories
saturatedFatContent: 49 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 14 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 11 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 51 grams protein
sodiumContent: 151 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : greek, pan fry, summer, dinner, main, olive oil, cheese, yoghurt, orange, lemon, salad, watermelon, meat, lamb, backstrap, mains, lunch, middle eastern, traditional, kid friendly, spring, low carb, lower gi, low sugar,