Sweet Potato And Haloumi Sunshine Salad RecipeBy Michelle Southan On Jul 08, 2020
Cooking Sweet potato and haloumi sunshine salad recipe step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Sweet potato and haloumi sunshine salad recipe you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
For a salad with all the toppings try this delicious, vegetarian sweet potato and haloumi recipe.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Sweet Potato And Haloumi Sunshine Salad Recipe
- 2.5kg sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1cm-thick,10cm-long sticks
- 1 small red onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 290g (1 1/2 cups) couscous
- 75g (1/2 cup) pistachio kernels, coarsely chopped
- 2 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mint, plus extra leaves to serve
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 400g cherry tomato medley, halved
- 80g haloumi
- 1/2 green oak lettuce, leaves separated
- 50g bought roasted chickpeas
- 65g (1/3 cup) pomegranate arils
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced crossways
- Yoghurt and beetroot dip, to serve
- Sumac, to sprinkle
The instruction how to make Sweet Potato And Haloumi Sunshine Salad Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line two large baking trays with baking paper. Divide the sweet potato among the trays. Spray well with oil spray. Season well. Bake, swapping the trays halfway through, for 45-50 minutes or until crisp on the edges.
- Combine the onion, 1 teaspoon salt, sugar and 1/3 cup of the lemon juice in a glass or ceramic bowl. Set aside, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until pickled.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous in a heatproof bowl. Add 375ml (1 1u20442 cups) boiling water and stir to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes to absorb. Use a fork to fluff the grains to separate. Set aside to cool.
- Add the pistachio, shallot, 1/2 cup of the mint, 1/2 cup of the dill, 2 tablespoons of the oil and remaining 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to the couscous and toss to combine.
- Combine the tomato and remaining mint, dill and oil in a bowl. Season.
- Cut the haloumi into 1cm-thick slices. Then cut each slice into thirds crossways. Heat a non-stick frying pan over mediumhigh heat. Cook the haloumi, for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Divide the sweet potato among four plates to look like a sun. Top with the lettuce and couscous tabouli. Sprinkle with chickpeas and pomegranate. Top with the tomato mixture, avocado and drained pickled onion. Place spoonfuls of yoghurt and beetroot dip on top. Top with the haloumi and sprinkle with sumac and extra mint leaves.
Nutritions of Sweet Potato And Haloumi Sunshine Salad Recipe
fatContent: 1178.27 calories
saturatedFatContent: 40 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 152.5 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 35.5 grams protein
You may also like :
- Roasted Grape Tomato Salad
- Salmon & Chargrilled Vegetable Salad
- Creamy Chicken, Pea And Spinach Penne
- Prosciutto & Eggplant Rigatoni Bake
- Chicken Baked In Limoncello With Zucchini Spaghetti
- Spicy Beef Hokkien Noodles
- Winter Vegetable Soup With Chive Pesto
- Cauliflower & Parmesan Soup With Crispy Bacon