Charred Kalette And Barley SaladBy On May 26, 2020
Cooking Charred kalette and barley salad step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Charred kalette and barley salad you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
For a fresh and healthy salad try this delicious charred kalette and barley dish, served with feta and pepitas.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Charred Kalette And Barley Salad
- 3/4 cup (150g) pearl barley
- 1/3 cup (65g) pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 400g Coles Australian Kalettes, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 1/2 cup shredded mint
- 1/2 cup shredded flat-leaf parsley
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (40g) currants
- 150g fetta, crumbled
- Lemon zest, to serve
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
The instruction how to make Charred Kalette And Barley Salad
- Combine the barley with 21/4 cups (560ml) water in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, for 35 mins or until barley is tender. Spread barley in a single layer on a baking tray lined with paper towel. Place in the fridge for 30 mins to chill.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the pepitas and cook, stirring, for 3-5 mins or until crisp and golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- While the pepitas are cooling, to make the lemon dressing, add lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil to a bowl and whisk to combine. Combine kalette with u00bc cup (60ml) of the lemon dressing in a medium bowl. Heat a medium frying pan over high heat. Cook half the kalette, cut-side down, for 3 mins or until charred. Cook, stirring, for a further 1 min or until tender. Season to taste. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining kalette. Set aside for 20 mins to cool.
- Combine kalette, barley, pepitas, mint, parsley, spring onion, currants and remaining lemon dressing in a large bowl. Season with salt and top with fetta. Sprinkle with lemon zest. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Charred Kalette And Barley Salad