Beef Ragout With FarfalleBy Michelle Southan On Nov 08, 2020
Cooking Beef ragout with farfalle step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Beef ragout with farfalle you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Shredded slowcooked beef makes a rich and hearty accompaniment for pasta bows.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Beef Ragout With Farfalle
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 250g bacon rashers, rind and excess fat trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1.8kg-piece beef bolar blade, cut into 8cm pieces
- 2 x 800g cans diced tomatoes
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) red wine
- 3 dried bay leaves
- 2 large sprigs fresh rosemary
- 375g fresh lasagne sheets
- Shredded parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make Beef Ragout With Farfalle
- Heat the oil in a stock pot over medium heat. Add bacon, carrot, celery, onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Stir in the beef, tomato, wine, bay leaves and rosemary. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 2 hours or until the beef is tender.
- Meanwhile, place 1 pasta sheet on a lightly floured work surface. Use a ravioli wheel to cut the pasta sheet crossways into 4cm-wide strips. Using a sharp knife, cut strips crossways at 4cm intervals to make 4cm squares. Brush centre of each square with water. Use your fingers to pinch the straight edges of each square together in the centre to form a bow shape. Place the bows on a floured tea towel and set aside for 2 hours to dry. Repeat with remaining pasta sheets.
- Use tongs to transfer the beef to a clean work surface. Set aside to cool slightly. Use your hands to coarsely shred. Stir the beef into the tomato mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
- Divide pasta among serving dishes. Top with ragout and parmesan to serve.
Nutritions of Beef Ragout With Farfalle
fatContent: 824.55 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 61 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 87 grams protein
You may also like :
- Minted Haloumi With Roast Vegetables
- Beef And Vegetable Meatloaf
- Whole Grain Spaghetti With Veal, Speck Ragu And Napoletana Sauce
- Whole Grain Penne Rigate With Italian Sausages, Mushrooms, Pancetta And Olive Sauce
- Bucatini With Cauliflower, Sardines And Anchovies
- Orecchiette With Prawns And Sundried Tomato Pesto
- Spaghetti With Sea Bream And Mediterranean Vegetables
- Apricot Cobbler