Mussels With FregolaBy Jill Dupleix On Nov 06, 2020
Cooking Mussels with fregola step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Mussels with fregola you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
With this Italian dish, the mussels are the main event, with a little pasta to soak up the broth.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Mussels With Fregola
- 1kg mussels
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed (optional), thinly sliced on an angle
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley leaves, plus extra chopped parsley to serve
- 200ml dry white wine
- 2 cups (500ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock (see Notes)
- 200g fregola (see Notes)
The instruction how to make Mussels With Fregola
- Soak mussels in a large pan of cold water for 1 hour, changing the water twice (this helps remove any grit). Drain, discarding any with broken shells. Scrub mussels well and pull out the beards.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and chilli and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the tomatoes, parsley and wine and bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, allow to simmer for 2 minutes, then add the mussels and immediately cover with a lid. Cook mussels for 2 minutes, shaking the pan occassionally, then remove and set aside any that have opened. Cover and cook for a further minute, then remove all the mussels and set aside (discard any that havenu2019t opened after this time).
- Add the fish or chicken stock to the pan and return to a simmer, then add fregola and simmer for 15 minutes until tender.
- Return the mussels and any juices to the broth and heat through quickly, seasoning with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, if desired.
- Divide the mussels, fregola and broth among 4 serving bowls, scatter with a little extra parsley and serve hot.
Nutritions of Mussels With Fregola
fatContent: 422.074 calories
saturatedFatContent: 12.2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2.1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 44.2 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 23.4 grams protein
sodiumContent: 54 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : boil, simmer, pan fry, autumn, dinner, main, italian, pescatarian, pasta, chicken stock, fish stock, white wine, chilli, garlic, onion, cherry tomatoes, shellfish, mussels, seafood, italy, finger food, semolina, ji, kid friendly, low kilojoule, lower gi,
You may also like :
- Beef And Chorizo Tacos
- Stir-fried Lamb, Vegetables & Noodles
- Steamed Scallops With Chinese Pickled Vegetables
- Banana Split Tray Bake
- Elderflower Ice Cream
- Sweet Potato Soup With Asian-style Pesto
- Mushroom And Potato Soup With Croutons And Cucumber Pickle
- Japanese Chicken Noodle Soup With Tofu Croutons