Squid Ink Pasta With CalamariBy Warren Mendes On Nov 04, 2020
Cooking Squid ink pasta with calamari step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Squid ink pasta with calamari you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Squid ink pasta adds a gourmet touch to this vibrant calamari pasta.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Squid Ink Pasta With Calamari
- 400g squid ink pasta (see note)
- 2 tbs olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 500g cleaned squid tubes, sliced into 1cm rings
- 2 eschalots, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) white wine
- 1/2 cup (125ml) tomato passata (sugo)
- 500g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- Basil leaves, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Squid Ink Pasta With Calamari
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup (60ml) cooking water. Toss pasta with a little oil to loosen.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Season the squid rings, then cook for 2 minutes or until light golden. Remove from pan.
- Return pan to medium heat and add remaining 1 tbs oil. Add the eschalot and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant, then add wine and cook for a further 1 minute or until slightly reduced.
- Add passata and cherry tomatoes, then cook for 5 minutes or until tomatoes start to collapse. Season, then return calamari to the pan with the reserved water and cook for 2-3 minutes or until warmed through.
- Divide pasta and sauce among bowls, and serve with basil and lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Squid Ink Pasta With Calamari
fatContent: 547.788 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2.3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 67.8 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 32.5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 364 milligrams cholesterol