Drumstick Casserole With Tomato And PastaBy Anna Gare On Nov 04, 2020
Cooking Drumstick casserole with tomato and pasta step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Drumstick casserole with tomato and pasta you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Theres nothing like a casserole to chase off winter chills, so try this chicken drumstick version with tomato and pasta!
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Drumstick Casserole With Tomato And Pasta
- 1 leek
- 1 onion
- 8 anchovy fillets (optional)
- 1 tablespoon picked rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon picked oregano leaves
- 1 red birdu2019s-eye chilli
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 125ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 5 sage leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 150g (1 cup) pitted kalamata olives
- 50g (1/4 cup) capers
- 2 bay leaves
- 250ml (1 cup) dry white wine or
- 125ml (1/2 cup) verjuice (see note)
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 90g (1/3 cup) tomato paste
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked, torn
- 500g risoni (see note)
The instruction how to make Drumstick Casserole With Tomato And Pasta
- Cut ingredients using the bridge and claw techniques. Cut off the green part of the leek and discard. Halve remaining leek lengthwise, then wash well in a bowl of cold water to remove any dirt. Thinly slice widthwise, discarding root end. Halve onion, then finely chop. Finely chop anchovies, if using, and roughly chop herbs. Halve chilli lengthwise, then, using a teaspoon, scoop out seeds and discard. Thinly slice chilli widthwise, then wash hands well.
- Place flour and drumsticks in a large bowl and toss well to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan over mediumu2013high heat. Shake excess flour from 4 drumsticks. Add drumsticks to pan (see tips) and cook, turning frequently, for 3 minutes or until browned all over. Place on a plate and set aside until needed. Repeat with another 2 tablespoons oil and remaining 4 drumsticks. Season drumsticks with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large casserole over high heat. Add chopped ingredients and sage. Crush garlic into pan, then stir for 5 minutes or until onion is softened. Add olives, capers, bay leaves and wine. Stir for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Add 500ml (2 cups) water, chicken, tomatoes, paste and half the parsley. Stir to coat chicken. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and stir occasionally for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Alternatively, cook in a 180C oven for 40 minutes.
- Start cooking pasta 15 minutes before the casserole is cooked. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add risoni and cook for 8 minutes or until al dente. To test that itu2019s al dente (meaning firm to the tooth), remove a few risoni with a slotted spoon, cool slightly, then bite into pasta. It should be slightly firm, rather than soft. Wearing oven gloves, drain pasta through a large colander in a sink, taking care as the water and steam can scald (ask an adult to help you).
- Stir the remaining parsley into casserole. To serve, divide the risoni and drumsticks among bowls, then spoon over sauce.
Nutritions of Drumstick Casserole With Tomato And Pasta
fatContent: 1231.089 calories
saturatedFatContent: 51 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 128 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 16 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 54 grams protein
You may also like :
- Minted Haloumi With Roast Vegetables
- Beef And Vegetable Meatloaf
- Whole Grain Spaghetti With Veal, Speck Ragu And Napoletana Sauce
- Whole Grain Penne Rigate With Italian Sausages, Mushrooms, Pancetta And Olive Sauce
- Bucatini With Cauliflower, Sardines And Anchovies
- Orecchiette With Prawns And Sundried Tomato Pesto
- Spaghetti With Sea Bream And Mediterranean Vegetables
- Apricot Cobbler