8-vegetable Pasta SauceBy Alison Adams On Nov 02, 2020
Cooking 8-vegetable pasta sauce step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for 8-vegetable pasta sauce you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Having trouble getting the kids to eat their vegetables? Try this delicious vegetable pasta sauce, perfect for topping ravioli, pasta or gnocchi.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of 8-vegetable Pasta Sauce
- 2 carrots, peeled, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 large red capsicum, deseeded, chopped
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large zucchini, chopped
- 200g cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 x 400g cans finely chopped or diced tomatoes
- 700g btl passata
- 2 large fresh rosemary sprigs
The instruction how to make 8-vegetable Pasta Sauce
- Process the carrot, celery, capsicum, onion and garlic in a food processor until a coarse paste forms.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the onion mixture. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring often, for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are very soft.
- Meanwhile, process the zucchini and mushroom in the food processor until finely chopped.
- Add the zucchini mixture to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the zucchini softens slightly. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until well combined.
- Add the tomato, passata, 3 cups water and rosemary sprigs to the saucepan. Season. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 1/2 hours or until thickened. Remove rosemary sprigs.
Nutritions of 8-vegetable Pasta Sauce
fatContent: 157.501 calories
saturatedFatContent: 8.9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 12.4 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 11.3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 3.9 grams protein