Braised Duck TagliatelleBy Valli Little On Oct 16, 2020
Cooking Braised duck tagliatelle step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Braised duck tagliatelle you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
The rich duck casserole is combined with pasta and a side salad for a complete gourmet meal.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Braised Duck Tagliatelle
- 4 duck marylands (see note)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup (70g) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 cups (500ml) dry red wine
- 300ml Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 500g tagliatelle or any wide pasta
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Watercress salad, to serve
- Grated parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make Braised Duck Tagliatelle
- Preheat the oven to 170u00b0C.
- Place a large flameproof casserole over medium heat. Add duck, skin-side down, and cook for 6 minutes, then turn and cook for a further 4 minutes. Remove duck and drain fat, leaving 2 tablespoons in the pan. Add the onion, carrot and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes. Add the tomato paste and cook for a further minute. Sprinkle with the flour and stir to combine. Add the wine, stock, herbs, rind and juice. Bring to the boil and season. Return the duck to the pan, cover and cook in the oven for 2 hours.
- Remove the duck from sauce, skim as much residual fat from the surface as you can. Place casserole over medium heat. Simmer for 3-4 minutes until sauce has reduced slightly. When duck is cool enough to handle, discard skin and bones and shred meat. Return meat to casserole.
- To serve, cook pasta in boiling salted water according to packet instructions, then drain. Return to the pan, add the sauce and toss to combine. Divide pasta among plates and serve sprinkled with parsley and grated parmesan, with the watercress, fennel and orange salad.
Nutritions of Braised Duck Tagliatelle
fatContent: 794.436 calories
saturatedFatContent: 13 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 99 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 51 grams protein
sodiumContent: 210 milligrams cholesterol