Mushroom LasagneBy Valli Little On Oct 11, 2020
Cooking Mushroom lasagne step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Mushroom lasagne you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Youre sure to find a new family favourite with this ultimate vegetarian pasta recipe
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Mushroom Lasagne
- 10g dried porcini mushrooms (see note)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 500ml good-quality tomato passata
- 200g buffalo mozzarella (see note) (or bocconcini), sliced, drained on paper towel
- 375g pkt fresh lasagne sheets
- 1/2 cup (40g) grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 1L (4 cups) milk
- 1 onion, halved
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 thyme sprig
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- Pinch of nutmeg
The instruction how to make Mushroom Lasagne
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C and grease a 30cm baking dish.
- Soak the porcini in 1/2 cup (125ml) boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5-6 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic, Swiss browns, bay leaf and thyme, then cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until mushrooms start to wilt and caramelise. Add porcini and soaking liquid, then cook for a further 2 minutes until most liquid has evaporated. Stir in passata and 1 cup (250ml) water and season well. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, for bechamel, place milk, halved onion, bay leaf and thyme in a pan over medium-high heat and bring to just below boiling point. Remove from heat and stand for 15 minutes to allow flavours to infuse. Melt butter in a pan over medium-low heat. Add flour and stir for 2 minutes until smooth and combined. Strain milk through a sieve into a jug, then gradually whisk into butter mixture until smooth. Add nutmeg, season, then stir over low heat for 3-4 minutes until thickened.
- To assemble lasagne, spoon half the mushroom sauce in the baking dish, spread with one-third of bechamel, then top with half the mozzarella. Cover with pasta sheets, then repeat with remaining mushroom mixture, half the remaining bechamel and the remaining mozzarella and pasta. Finish with a final layer of bechamel, scatter with parmesan, then cover with baking paper and foil. Bake for 45 minutes, then uncover and bake for 15 minutes more until golden and cooked. Rest for 10 minutes, then slice and serve with extra parmesan.
Nutritions of Mushroom Lasagne
fatContent: 475.371 calories
saturatedFatContent: 23 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 41 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 13 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 23 grams protein
Tags : dinner party, autumn, winter, milk, mozzarella, tomato pasta sauce, bake, pasta, mushroom, dinner, main, vegetarian main, vegetarian, mushrooms, bechamel, italian, traditional, comfort food, low carb, low kilojoule, lower gi,
You may also like :
- Indian Lentil And Egg Curry Recipe
- Bacon Ranch Dress N Dip Sauce Recipe
- Tuna And Mixed Bean Salad With Lemon Dressing
- Blue Cheese With Crisp Vegetables And Crackers
- Middle Eastern Chickpea And Vegetable Salad
- Berry And Chocolate Scroll Cobbler
- Lamb Shank, Pumpkin And Fennel Scotch Broth
- Chicken And Chorizo Minestrone