Bacon, Mac N Cheese CroquettesBy Not available On Oct 02, 2020
Cooking Bacon, mac n cheese croquettes step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Bacon, mac n cheese croquettes you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Mac n cheese lovers will go crazy for these finger food croquettes.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Bacon, Mac N Cheese Croquettes
- 1 1/2 cups (270g) macaroni
- 6 bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 60g butter
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
- 3 cups (750ml) milk
- 1 1/2 cups (180g) grated cheddar
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- 100g blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 Coles Brand Australian Free Range Eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 cups (150g) panko breadcrumbs or fresh (made from day-old bread) breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped chives
- Vegetable oil, to shallow-fry
The instruction how to make Bacon, Mac N Cheese Croquettes
- Grease and line a 20cm x 30cm slab pan, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Cook the pasta following packet directions or until al dente. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring, for 5 mins or until crisp. Add the spring onion. Cook for 1 min or until spring onion softens. Transfer to a bowl.
- Melt the butter in the saucepan over medium-high heat. Add mustard powder and 1/2 cup (75g) of the flour. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until mixture is grainy and bubbling. Gradually add milk and cook, stirring with a balloon whisk, for 5 mins or until sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in cheddar and parmesan. Add the pasta, bacon mixture and blue cheese and stir to combine. Pour into prepared pan and smooth the surface. Place in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight or until firm.
- Turn the pasta bake onto a clean work surface. Cut into 4cm pieces. Place remaining 1 cup (150g) flour in a shallow bowl. Place egg in a separate bowl. Combine the breadcrumbs and chives in a separate bowl. Dip 1 piece of pasta bake in the flour to lightly coat. Dip in egg, then in breadcrumb mixture to coat. Repeat with remaining pasta bake, flour, egg and breadcrumbs.
- Add enough oil to a medium frying pan to come 2cm up the side of the pan. Heat over medium heat. Cook one-quarter of the croquettes, turning, for 5 mins or until golden brown and heated through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat with remaining croquettes.
Nutritions of Bacon, Mac N Cheese Croquettes