Beef & Red Wine Hotpot With Parsley PastaBy Tracey Meharg On Sep 24, 2020
Cooking Beef & red wine hotpot with parsley pasta step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Beef & red wine hotpot with parsley pasta you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
With the help of a pressure cooker, youll be rewarded with a rich red wine sauce and beef so tender itll cut like butter.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Beef & Red Wine Hotpot With Parsley Pasta
- 2 tablespoons Gravox Traditional Box gravy mix
- 1kg piece beef bolar blade, excess fat trimmed, cut into 5cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 25g butter
- 300g speck, rind and excess fat removed, cut into thick matchsticks
- 1 carrot, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 8 (about 200g) large French shallots, peeled
- 8 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 185ml (3/4 cup) red wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 500g penne rigate or spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh continental parsley leaves
- Fresh crusty bread, to serve (optional)
The instruction how to make Beef & Red Wine Hotpot With Parsley Pasta
- Place the gravy mix on a plate and season with pepper. Add beef and toss to coat. Heat oil in a pressure cooker over medium-high heat. Cook half the beef, turning occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining beef.
- Heat butter in cooker for 1 minute or until melted. Add speck, carrot, shallot and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until vegetables are slightly soft. Add tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Return beef to cooker and stir to combine. Add the wine and simmer for 1 minute. Stir in the thyme.
- Cover and seal the cooker. Increase heat to high. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until steam escapes at a constant rate and there is a regular hissing sound. Reduce heat to low. Cook for a further 25 minutes. Release steam following manufacturers instructions.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain, reserving 60ml (1/4 cup) of liquid. Return pasta to saucepan with reserved liquid. Add oil and parsley. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide pasta and beef hotpot among serving bowls. Serve with bread, if desired.
Nutritions of Beef & Red Wine Hotpot With Parsley Pasta
fatContent: 1124.495 calories
saturatedFatContent: 41 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 14 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 97 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 82 grams protein
sodiumContent: 213 milligrams cholesterol