PastitsioBy Michelle Southan On Jul 21, 2020
Cooking Pastitsio step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Pastitsio you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Create this easy and delicious pasta bake in six steps.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Pastitsio
- Olive oil, to grease
- 2 tablespoons dried (packaged) breadcrumbs
- 1 x 500g pkt Barilla Mini Penne Rigate pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1kg beef mince
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g btls passata (tomato pasta sauce)
- 80ml (1/3 cup) water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 70g (1 cup) shredded parmesan
- 80g butter
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour
- 1L (4 cups) milk
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
The instruction how to make Pastitsio
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Brush a 6.5cm-deep, 26 x 33cm (base measurement) ovenproof dish with oil to grease. Add the breadcrumbs and shake to coat.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain. Return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half the mince and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until mince changes colour. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Repeat with remaining mince, reheating the pan between batches.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Add the mince, passata, water and cinnamon and cook, stirring, for 5-8 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- To make the bechamel sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat until foaming. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until the mixture bubbles. Remove from heat. Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly until smooth. Place the pan over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and whisk in the egg. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add 310ml (1 1/4 cups) of the bechamel sauce to the pasta and stir until well combined. Place half the pasta mixture in the prepared pan. Spoon over the mince mixture. Top with the remaining pasta mixture. Spread the remaining bechamel sauce over the top. Sprinkle with parmesan. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden. Serve.
Nutritions of Pastitsio
fatContent: 633.589 calories
saturatedFatContent: 30 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 14 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 52 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 37 grams protein
sodiumContent: 201 milligrams cholesterol