Penne With Chorizo & PrawnsBy Sonja Bernyk On Jul 19, 2020
Cooking Penne with chorizo & prawns step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Penne with chorizo & prawns you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Using pasta adds a fresh twist to this rich and fragrant penne pasta dish.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Penne With Chorizo & Prawns
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chorizo sausages, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 400g penne rigate
- 625ml (2 1/2 cups) Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- Large pinch of saffron threads
- 500g green prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
The instruction how to make Penne With Chorizo & Prawns
- Heat half the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook the chorizo and onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the chorizo is golden and the onion is soft.
- Add the garlic and paprika and cook for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Stir in the pasta, stock, tomato, thyme and saffron. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook, stirring often, for 10-15 minutes or until liquid reduces and thickens slightly. Add the prawns. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the pasta is al dente and the prawns curl and change colour.
- Divide among bowls and top with parsley.
Nutritions of Penne With Chorizo & Prawns
fatContent: 872.35 calories
saturatedFatContent: 36 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 79 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 56 grams protein